Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

busy halloween weekend

We were very busy this weekend. Saturday we helped put together a haunted house at church since the middle schoolers are in charge of it - that took up a good portion of the day. After a quick trip to the grocery store we went home and made "monstrous mashed potatoes" for a potluck halloween party that night and baked cakes for a cake walk the next day. I decorated the cakes after we got home from the party and then just crashed, I was so exhausted. Sunday we had breakfast with the ministers at church (something they do for new members), then after church was the halloween carnival, so we were there all day again! Yikes! I'm exhausted just remembering it all! A little homework and then Rob had to take A home.

Halloween wasn't too busy this year. We closed up by 8:30. Sadly we didn't even carve a pumpkin this year, and I only had a small ceramic pumpkin to set out. We didn't decorate at all since we didn't have a party this year. At the last minute I got out the halloween lights, plugged them in and tossed them in the flower bed because I didn't know if people could really see our minature pumpkin from the street. We watched The 6th Sense on TV, neither of us had seen it before - I'm not a fan of horror movies, but this really wasn't horror, more like eerie and slightly spooky, so I could handle that.

No comments: